Monday, March 23, 2009

Social Networking

I love going on Youtube and other sites like it. I always go to them to find stuffs that makes me laugh out loud. I came across someone I knew doing some scandalous type of activities. I phone the individual about it and they were very surprised and embarrassed that I found it. To quote the response"I didn't think anyone I knew would actually see it." Unbelievable, I now realize that there is a large number of people who do use the Internet to live out all their secret fantasy. The problem is most people don't think that certain activities can come back to bite them in the butt. In certain sector of the job world employers do search the Internet as part of their back ground check on potential employees. They also monitor current employees to see if they are following proper standard outside of the office. Some job actually have you sign certain documentation about this issues upon hiring. It's very easy to monitor people activity on the Internet. We all have this urge to be heard and be seen which often time we forget about what we are actually sharing to the world. Let's use this thought when sharing stuff on line " Would I be embarrassed if someone I respect see this?"

No comments: